Counselling and Psychotherapy, Including Postnatal Counselling, Derbyshire
If you think that counselling may be helpful to you, these pages contain some information about my practice in general counselling, psychotherapy and postnatal counselling in Derbyshire.
There are times in our lives when it may be useful to share problems with someone who is outside the situation and who is trained to listen and to help explore your difficulties. You may have experienced bereavement, relationship problems, life changes such as pregnancy and parenthood or general feelings of unhappiness and dissatisfaction with the way that your life is going.
Sharing difficulties within a secure and non-judgemental atmosphere can bring about considerable relief, new insights and positive changes.
I am a professional counsellor, based in Belper, Derbyshire, with a wide range of experience in health, educuation and private practice. As well as offering private work, I also work for Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust as a primary care counsellor.
My counselling practice
- I provide confidential and ethical counselling based on respect and working collaboratively
- I offer short-term/ time limited focussed counselling work or longer term exploratory work.
- I hold a professional qualification and I am a fully accredited member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherpists (BACP) I work within the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice and I am answerable to their Complaints Procedure www.bacp.co.uk
- My Belper practice is located just off the Nottingham Road and there is plenty of parking space outside. It is within easy reach of Derby, Ripley, Heanor, Ilkeston, Matlock and Wirksworth. I am within walking distance of Belper train and bus stations that have regular services operating between Belper and Derby and other nearby towns and villages. There is a bus stop for the 6.3 bus from the Ripley direction on the Nottingham Road at the top of the road that leads down to my consulting room (please note that this is a steep hill which may pose problems for the less able bodied on foot)
I can helpI have experience of working with the following:
- Depression and anxiety
- Relationships difficulties and family conflicts
- Effects of loss and change
- Personal growth and development
- Antenatal and postnatal counselling and parenting support
Antenatal and Postnatal CounsellingThe emotional demands of pregnancy and parenting are very great and counsellling provides an opportunity to explore feelings that arise at this time. Some of these feelings may be unexpected and perhaps it is difficult to discuss them with friends and relatives. Counselling may help to find a way of coping with painful experiences such and traumatic birth, miscarriage and neonatal illness or death. Many people experience other major life events such as bereavement or separation during pregnancy and early parenthood and counselling can provide some much needed support at this time.
FeesEach session is £38 and lasts for 1 hour. Lower rates for students or clients on low incomes can be negotiated during our initial consultation.
I welcome enquiries by telephone (01773 825417) or email to discuss your personal situation and to make further enquiries. These are without cost or obligation.